Friday, January 24, 2014

OUR WILD CATS

When I bought Rustynail Garden, in 2005, there was one wild kitty living here.  A female.  She had several litters of kittens before I could trap her and have her, and her offspring, altered.  Momma and two of her kitties still live here, but two of the three are wild.

Scaredy Cat has become a very friendly fellow.  His brother Doobie is quite the opposite.  All the cats come home to eat morning and night, but only Scaredy Cat craves attention and a good scratch.  The other two keep their distance.....until recently. 

I was not going to leave them outside during these recent blizzards.  When very hungry, the cats will come up to the spot I set the food.  I get one chance to grab, and I better not miss.  I managed to grab Momma.  At the next meal I grabbed Doobie.  I put all three in the heated garage with food, water, litter, and some pillows.

Doobie was frantic.  He yowled, dug at the door, and hissed.  Momma hid.  They had not been confined inside with three dogs before this.  Jazz is harmless inside her kennel, but she does bark to greet everyone.


Scaredy did not mind the nice warm garage at all.  After a day inside at 60 degrees, with the wind howling outside at zero degrees, they all seemed much happier.  I took pictures as I talked to them.   Doobie acts like an old farm cat (he is the grey cat).  I am shocked at the difference in him.

Here is Doobie first inside, hiding under the work bench in the litter box, wide eyed.



 
 Then I set the food on the work bench and he came out of hiding.

Then he posed for this picture; but those wide eyes are a sign he is on alert.














Full tummy, soft blanket, nice warm shelter.  He is beginning to like this!

Animals just seem to know when your are helping them. 

                                                 Scaredy Cat.  Relaxed, purring, happy eyes.
 
 Please turn the light off, we are trying to take a cat nap.
Goodnight.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment