Friday, March 14, 2014

ORDERING TREES

I want to start gardening so badly that I have to do something to kick start the season.  I want to feel like I'm getting back into the gardening groove. 
 
Dennis is starting some seeds indoors, under the grow lights, and planning his raised bed garden.  My thing is trees.  I put together an order of a few seedling trees from the Peoria County Soil & Water Conservation.  I have been buying from them for years.  Our beautiful Norway Spruce are 6 ft. tall now.  The Red Twig Dogwood really took off the first year.  I am very happy with everything I have purchased from them. 
 
I want some Red Bud trees to stick along the edge of the timber for color.  They sell 10 inch trees for $2.00 each. I can always find room for a couple more, and I need something red.  I picked out a 12" Red Maple for $2.00. 
 
 
The form is complete, the check is made out and ready to mail.  On April 11th I can pick up my trees at Exposition Gardens in Peoria. 
 
I feel much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment