Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WINDOWS THAT REALLY OPEN AND CLOSE

This Rustynail House was a fixer upper when I bought it.
The windows were very loose, but I had to make other improvements first.
Replacing them has been on my to do list for 8 years.
Now they are on my "done" list.
 
This glass was missing in the living room.


                                             This screen had been soaped one Halloween.



This is the spirit of Kitty Cat.  During a full moon she would appear in the window and yowl.
 
 
Anyone could break into this house with their fingernails.  Wiggle, shake, pop, open!
My kitty pushed the screen out several times and went for a stroll.

There she is again.  Yee-owl owl growl.


Then one day, as I wandered the aisle at Menards, I found them.
An end of the season close out sale plus an 11% rebate.  I decided to buy two trying to be frugal.
Then I figured I'll never see them this price again so I got one more.  Then my honey said you might as well get one more and the house will be done in front.  I love that guy.  He brought home #4.

                                        They sat in the living room a month, while it snowed.


                                                           I had to dust around them. 
                           Sometimes I set them in front of the window to see how they would look.
 
One night I ran into my neighbor at the mail box.  This is a great place to catch up on news.
I asked if he had time to put in the windows.  He agreed. 

I took down the pictures and the curtains.  Then covered the furniture.

Off came the shutters. 

Pulling out the bedroom window.  Ouch, those are rose bushes!

Half way there.



 

The new living room windows.  Happy Happy Me.
 
 
The view from inside.  They are clean!  No Halloween soap!
 

Popping in the bedroom window.  Ron had to frame the window smaller and he made a nice sill inside for the cats to perch.
(looks like this one I found on Google)
 
Tacking the siding on.
 

Next he put on the shutters.  They hid the darker siding.
Ron, can we replace the siding next year?

The tools and garbage.

 
I have not shut the windows since I got them.
What kind of shades or curtains will be best?
For now, I hung the sheers up again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment