Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MODERATELY EVENTFUL


This week has not been very exciting but it has been eventful.
Not eventful as in making newspaper headlines.  More like "stuff happened."

Let's see.  We went to our favorite, local Red BarnTree Farm in Morton, IL.  These ladies make bows and boughs fit for the Queen.  However, the pet reindeer they have had for years....died last year.

Theme Trees!


When we returned home, I  lifted the hatch on the van to get the wreath and smacked my noggin on the hatch.  My head is mighty sore.

I did attend the most wonderful cookie exchange Saturday with Princess Jan, and her royal court Duchess Deb and Countess Doris.  We sipped tea from fine china, lifted our pinky, and took pictures using the timer on my camera.  A girly day.

The pantry door, which I have been building, was supposed to end up funky.  Instead it is too darn nice to turn it into funky.  In fact.  It's really nice.  DARN it.  So Dennis made me stain it, and put a nice knob on it.  DARN it.

The dog may have broken her tail.  We find out tomorrow when she sees Dr. Peterson.  We just got over the anal gland episode last week.  Before that it was something more personal and I would embarras her if I told you. 

Oh, the mice.  We had a mouse under the sink.  I cleaned all the kitchen cabinets and bleached everything.  I remember a funny story about a mouse in the kitchen 30 years ago.  I was a debutante at the time.  The bread board in the kitchen slid out from under the counter.  We would cut our toast on it daily.  One day I looked closer at the dark toast crumbs.  They were not crumbs.  They were mouse turds.  OH MY GOSH!  I lived through it.

That is my week in nut shell,
 or in a mouse turd, or in a dog's life.
How was yours?           

1 comment:

  1. Most of my life has been lived in a mouse turd, so I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete