Tuesday, August 6, 2013

BARBED WIRE AND A SCYTHE

There are a few rolls of barbed wire hanging around Rusty Nail.  The one on the left once had Christmas lights on it because it was a barn decoration.  The one on the right is a strand of wire from a  pasture fence in Neponset, IL, where I lived as a child.   It is actually sentimental to me.
My mule, Hoot, used to scratch her backside on the wire fence.  Nothing like scratchin' your .....mule when it itches.

 The hand scythe was acquired along the way, but my father did use one to cut weeds on the farm.    


   
Today I looked at the rolls of wire and decided they were lonely.  So I brought them together to keep each other company.  At first they were not sure if they liked being together.

Then they both began to smile a big, happy smile.


Do you like it?  Garden art.


 
Yes, I was in the hot sun too long today.
Can I go now?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment