Monday, August 19, 2013

PLANTING THE PIN OAK AND BIRCH TREES

My friend from work was getting rid of these cement blocks.
Well, I can always use some blocks to prop open a door, block off a hole, or for a few reps of weight lifting.  25 pounders (not quarter pounders)
 
 
Of course, the moment I leave home to pick up the tree is when they dropped off the blocks.
Sorry about that gang.  I really would have  helped you, honest.

 
So this is the little Pin Oak tree I picked up.

 
And this is the little Birch tree I picked up.

 

 
 I wish I could have planted the Pin Oak right in front of the picket fence, but the water line is there.




The Birch was chosen for this spot, because it will grow quickly and shade our sitting bench by the pond.
 
                                              See the shade!  It has already grown a foot!




This Annabelle Hydrangea should help balance the arrangement.  It will take the focus away from the pond.


This winter I have to attack the pasture.  I have a plan.  We'll talk about it later.

 
I am tired and my shovel is dull.
I know I am dull too.  Maybe I should learn some new jokes or quotes to sharpen my witt.
 
I like this quote:  Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment