Sunday, July 29, 2012

OUR PICNIC GARDEN



July 29, 2012
                                                       OUR PICNIC GARDEN


I think it is fun to think up names for little nooks in our yard.  Since I moved here, this spot was referred to as "the slab" and it became a place to store rocks, wood, bricks, or whatever was needed at the time.  The cement base gave us a clean place to set things.

 As we developed our plantings I put in one section of split rail fence for our concord grape vine to grow.  There is a decaying tree stump off to the side, and it has a nice hollow trunk which I filled with dirt and planted some red flowers.  This year I put down black mulch to dress it up a little.  There are a few bird feeders hanging near-bye which add activity to our garden.  The antique red well pump is set over a pipe I pounded into the ground.  As you see, the red color scheme is developing.  I had a picnic tablecloth in the basement and we have one red chair.  All I need is a can of spray paint to finish the black chair. @??????????????////////////////    00
Sorry, our dog Jamie  just typed a little too!   She needed to express herself. 

I love to shop the local plant stores for bargains so the table flowers are an extra addition to our picnic garden.  Have we had a picnic here yet?  No.  However, I do enjoy my morning coffee here on weekends with a good book and the choir of birds singing to me.  (ps:  metal chairs are very hard to sit on so I often bring a cushion with me).
  


No comments:

Post a Comment