Thursday, July 25, 2013

FREE CHAIRS

 



Saturday evening Dennis and I drove to Morton to visit a cool coffee house.  We took his mother with us.  We sat under a tree covered patio and sipped our coffee.  Perfect evening.

Then we drove around town and looked at pretty houses and yards.  Luckily, I was driving or this story never would have happened.

I spotted this sign!

 
 
The sign was taped on a folding chair.
I jumped out of the van and left my two riders in the car.  They covered their heads and ducked down in shame. 
 
 
I looked at each  chair and they all opened and were sturdy, just old.
I am sure these will come in handy some day, so I claimed them and threw them in the van.
My two riders were mortified.  That's their problem.  I think counseling would help.
 
 
As for me, I am happy. 
The people in the house are happy their chairs are gone,
 and so is the neighbor who said, "take them, please."
 
 
Plus, the day before the chairs were $500.
Or maybe it was $5.00.  The paper plate was kinda hard to read.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment