Wednesday, July 3, 2013

TREE FACES

How do you hide the elephant in the room?
This is my elephant and the pond tour is next week!
Thousands of people from Austrailia to Zimbabwe will be at my house and this poor old oak tree is still not totally cut up and hauled away.
I don't think they make a saw big enough to cut this old boy.
 
 

So I have to hide it. There is not a blanket big enough so I guess I'll have to make "lemonade".   In other words, make the best of it.
 

 
Tree faces. That might work. I was going to make them.
Google says to buy clay, form the eyes and nose, poke bark imprints onto the clay, and bake. I don't have time for that crafty stuff. Wish I did.

I found some cute old woodsy man faces at TSC.
This is cowboy Roy.

 
 This is his friend, Jack.

 
This is Jack's twin, "Lumber"
 

I wonder if I should go back to TSC and buy the mule face?
Then I could slap a saddle on the log.


And Rin Tin Jamie could ride off into the sunset.

 
My work here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment