Thursday, April 18, 2013

5 Inches of Rain Overnight


At 5:00 p.m. we had 1.5 inches of rain, and it rained all night Wednesday and all day Thursday, totaling 5 inches in 24 hours at Rustynail.


 
Today, in central Illinois, schools were closed due to flooding.  Roads are washed out in places.  Basements are flooded.  In Roanoke, Illinois families were rescued from their homes by boat.
In Washburn, Illinois they rescued people by having them climb down a backhoe.  This is from rainwater flooding, not the river.  My friend plugged her basement drain on the farm with a tennis ball to prevent water from coming in.  It worked!

Did I mention I have a broken elbow?  Not that kind, this kind.  The downspout elbow gave way from the water pressure.
 
 
 

 
Yes, you did see a 1968 wringer washing machine in the yard and it works!
I salvaged it from my neighbor's pile.  I plan to paint it pink and put ice and soft drinks in it for our next party.  You are all invited. 

 
Even Daisy Mae took higher ground on the fridge.



                       The pond is filled to the brim.  I think the limb is trying to crawl to safety.

 

                   I am so glad Brandi and Jeff gave me this garden boots for Christmas!  Stylish.

                                 Please comment if you have a wet basement, no electricity, or even a 1960's washing machine in  your yard.
 
Bazinga......................
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment