Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WHERE DID ALL THIS RAIN COME FROM?

Last week our rain guage indicated we had two inches on Thursday.
My friend had water damage in her basement from the heavy downpour.
We were driving across town in water up to our van doors that evening.  Streets were flooded all over town.

Since then we had one more inch.  At this moment we are under a thunderstorm warning and it is pouring again.

What upsets me most is it totally screwed up my annual lawn mowing day April 15th.  I have looked forward to this since October 15th, my annual last day of lawn mowing for the season.  I just can't function now.

When will I mow?  When will the ground dry?  When will my eyes dry out?
How can I face my neighbors with long grass?  Should I get out the For Sale sign and let them borrow it?

Do birds like all this rain?  Where is the sun?  Does the sun like rain?  I'm sure my pond is about to overflow by now and so am I.  Rain is coming out of my ears.  I need a rainbow.

April 18, 2013 continued:
I had a strobe light show in my house all night long.  Lightening going off like flash cameras.  At 7 a.m. we had another 2.5 inches at home.
Schools are closed locally due to flooding and roads washing away.  This is serious.  What will this do to the farmers trying to plant in May?  I thank the rain gods for not poking holes in my basement walls last night.  So far, it is dry down there. 


Love,
Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment