Saturday, April 27, 2013

LIGHT DUTY WORK


This morning was dedicated to taking the Dalmatians, Jessie and Jamie, to the veterinarian for their heartworm test.

We stopped at the bank on the way home.  The teller, a friend of ours, sent dog biscuits through the tube for the dogs.  I wish they would send me a treat through the tube.  I guess I'm not cute and furry and loveable.  My only spots are age spots.

I had many things I wanted to accomplish today.  Light duty work, but necessary.
Here is the list:
    
               Prune the butterfly bushes
               Cut the Russian sage to the ground
               Move the wooden trellis to a better spot
               Make a trip to the compost pile
               Pull some weeds
               Wash the bird feeders

This can be summed up as prune, cut, move, trip, pull, wash.
Or the shorter version is PCMMPW. 
How about: trip, flip, fall, curse, hop, cry.
It is amazing what goes through a gardener's mind sometimes.

I put on a jacket and headed outside.  Of course it begins to rain.  All morning it had been clear and nice.  I kept moving.  It was a light rain.  Surprisingly, I got it all done.  I was getting chilled and my feet were wet, but I was headed to the shower anyway so I would warm up fast.

The bird feeders are filled and rehung.  They look so much better.  I hope the birds are happy.
I took the  Droll Yankee feeder completely apart to clean it.  I love their products.  Sturdy, functional, long lasting and easy to clean.  I highly recommend them. 


Now it is time for two Tylenol and a little rest in my own nest. 
Chirp chirp.







No comments:

Post a Comment