Tuesday, September 3, 2013

MUD FEST 2013

Mud Fest?  How can anyone find mud around here?  We have not had any rain in over a month and the ground is cracking open.  I grabbed my camera and decided to check out the mud fest.



This cardboard sign was nailed to a telephone pole.
The streets signs below are real.  I am not making them up.  They are posted on a telephone pole.
 


                                 This is the newer sign.  It has it's own post!



I was walking up the road and sure enough....this is mud.  I am going the right way.

 
Oh my.....................chocolate covered children.


                                         This truck is pretty muddy and the guys were too.


  The white truck is known as "The Beast" and there are 3 guys sitting on the sofa as they four wheel through the mud.  I kid you not.



                                                                 
 
It was nearly dark and the chocolate covered children were hosing off in the yard.

 
Is that duct tape on her ankle? 
 
I know you are thinking I staged this.  I did not.
The folks here had cleared some land behind their house.  They dug a ditch with a tractor and decided to haul in water and play in the mud.  They had kids, trucks, 4 wheelers, dogs, kinfolk, and me there watching.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment