Tuesday, September 24, 2013

THE MUDROOM

As with most country homes,  mine has a mud room.  It is where you enter the house and take your muddy boots off before entering the kitchen.  And if you don't I get the gun! 

I hung the car siding, laid a tile floor, and began to furnish the room.  First, a bench to sit on while you pull your boots off.  Then a coat hook, which I hang dog leads on.  And why not add a few keepsakes such as the bridle my brother used on his buckskin horse named Hurry.  Oh, and a horse collar that Dennis bought at a sale.  With all the horse tack we needed a cowboy picture.  John Wayne arrived. 


Come on in Pilgrim.




John Wayne had some pretty good quotes, such as:

“A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him.”
― John Wayne


“You're short on ears and long on mouth.”
― John Wayne



“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
― John Wayne

 
“A man's got to do what a man's got to do.”
― John Wayne

 
Talk low, Talk slow, and Don't say too much.”
― John Wayne
 
 
I like this, "Don’t squat with your spurs on."
- Anonymous
 


“We’re burnin’ daylight.”
― John Wayne
 
 
"Whoever said a horse was dumb, was dumb." ― John Wayne
 
Here is a bit of trivia.
Folks believe the horseshoe must point up "or the luck runs out."
 
 
 



I found this bit in the old barn, here at Rustynail.  The man who built the old, brick barn had horses.
I treasure the history of this land and display this in his memory.

 
It's time for some biscuits and beans.
Let's wash up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment