Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OUR POND IS THREE YEARS OLD

Happy 3rd birthday to the rustynail pond.
It feels like it was just yesterday when I was digging and sweating.
 
I'm serious, I still feel every sore muscle from digging the three foot hole, as if it was yesterday.
Alas, I am pretty stubborn and was determined to do it myself.
 
We love the pond, the water rippling, the fish and frogs, water lilies, the dogs splashing in it.
It is good therapy for the mind (not so much the body).  Unless perhaps, you float in yours, or do yoga on the dock, or your masseuse comes over and gives you a Swedish massage on the bench.
That would be nice.
 
 


 
At dusk the colors are rich.  I however, will never be rich.............oh well.




We have several varieties of ground cover.  Some given to me from pond club members.



Yes, it is hard to deal with algae, which makes the water green when the temperature rises.
You just dump in more algae eater.
 
July 13 & 14, rustynail pond is on the pond society tour.  Tickets are available for purchase and you can tour some marvelous ponds and tranquil settings in the surrounding Peoria, IL area.


She's here!  I gotta go.  Time for my massage! 



Namaste. (I bow to you)
Ommmmmmm.
  

1 comment: